The cost of a business license in Hong Kong varies depending on the type of business activities and the specific business license required. A business license in Hong Kong can range from a few hundred Hong Kong dollars to several thousand dollars. Please contact us at Hong Kong Company Formation for consulting to figure out the appropriate business licenses and their fees. 

Here are several common types of business licenses in Hong Kong that can be considered when setting up a company in Hong Kong:

  1. Business Registration Certificate: All businesses operating in Hong Kong, including sole proprietorships, partnerships, and limited companies, are required to obtain a Business Registration Certificate from the Inland Revenue Department. This certificate serves as a basic license for conducting business.
  2. Food and Beverage Licenses: If you plan to operate a restaurant, café, or any business involved in food preparation or sale, you will need to obtain food and beverage licenses from the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
  3. Retail and Wholesale Licenses: Certain businesses engaged in retail or wholesale activities, such as convenience stores, grocery stores, or liquor shops, may require specific licenses. These licenses are issued by the Trade and Industry Department.
  4. Import/Export Licenses: If you are involved in import/export activities, you may need to obtain relevant licenses from the Trade and Industry Department or other government agencies. The specific licenses required will depend on the type of goods being imported or exported.
  5. Financial Services Licenses: Businesses operating in the financial services sector, such as banks, insurance companies, or securities firms, are regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) or other relevant authorities. They require specific licenses and approvals from the respective regulatory bodies.
  6. Professional Services Licenses: Certain professional services, including legal, accounting, architecture, and medical services, require practitioners to hold professional licenses issued by the relevant professional bodies or government departments.
  7. Entertainment Licenses: Businesses involved in entertainment, such as bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, or amusement centers, may need to obtain entertainment licenses from the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
  8. Construction Licenses: Construction-related businesses, including contractors and subcontractors, must comply with the requirements of the Construction Industry Council and obtain the necessary licenses and permits.

Cannot find your answer? Talk to us now