Yes, when starting a corporation in Hong Kong, the process includes submitting the Articles of Association, which is equivalent to what is known in some jurisdictions as the Articles of Incorporation. Here’s what typically happens:

  1. Articles of Association: This document outlines the company’s regulations for management and administrative purposes. It includes details on the rights of shareholders, the distribution of profits, the structure of corporate governance, and other essential rules that govern the company’s operations.
  2. Incorporation Process: To incorporate a company in Hong Kong, you need to submit several key documents to the Companies Registry, including:
    • The incorporation form (Form NNC1 for a company limited by shares or Form NNC1G for a company not limited by shares),
    • A copy of the company’s Articles of Association,
    • A Notice to the Business Registration Office (IRBR1).
  3. Company Name Approval: Before filing the incorporation documents, you must ensure the company name is available and complies with Hong Kong’s naming guidelines.

Once these documents are approved and the required fees are paid, the Companies Registry issues a Certificate of Incorporation and a Business Registration Certificate, officially recognizing the company as a legal entity. This process is straightforward and can be completed quickly if all documents are correctly prepared and submitted.

Cannot find your answer? Talk to us now